Full Time Admin Professional
Miami, FL, US
Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Professional Development Officer
Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. (Legal Services), a top-rated non-profit law firm serving the South Florida poverty community, is seeking a highly motivated, experienced professional with a proven track record to fill the position of Chief Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Professional Development Officer. The chief diversity, equity, inclusion, and professional development officer is a management position who develops and implements diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives within Legal Services. The purpose is to advance diversity and inclusion as core values and critical components of the organization's culture.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Develop, communicate, and implement meaningful programs and initiatives in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion in support of Legal Services' mission, values, culture, and strategic priorities.
Supervise the Senior Attorney for Equity Advocacy. The position of Senior Attorney for Equity Advocacy addresses racial justice and other inequities experienced by marginalized communities.
- Developing training for Legal Services staff about behaviors and best practices and policies that reflect and bolster Legal Services' values and commitment to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
- Provide consultation to leadership in developing and integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and strategies into all business and planning processes.
- Promote initiatives and programs designed to enhance the recruitment, development, and retention of staff from diverse and under-represented groups within the organization. As well as develop networks to connect Legal Services with diverse applicant pools.
- Review workplace policies and procedures, ensuring that they are inclusive, legal, and align with Legal Services’ values and coach staff and managers about the elimination of bias (conscious and unconscious) from Legal Services’ hiring practices.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Legal Services’ attorneys’ professional development, evaluation, and training. Including the effective management of all program training resources, and the delivery of high-quality training to staff, attorneys, interns, and private pro bono counsel.
- Develop and implement professional development strategies and initiatives for Legal Services’ attorneys and staff with the goal to improve staff and attorney satisfaction, performance, and retention.
- Work with the senior management team to develop Legal Services’ long-term programmatic and strategic pro bono goals and objectives to ensure appropriate development of pro bono programs and services which are integrated with staff services.
- Oversee the Legal Services’ attorney and law clerk/ intern recruiting program.
- Recruit private attorneys to participate in Legal Services’ pro bono program.
- Train, mentor, and support pro bono volunteers. When appropriate, co-counsel with pro bono attorneys.
- Maintain, expand, and create pro bono relationships with law firms, corporate law departments, and other attorneys throughout Miami-Dade and Monroe counties.
- Perform other duties related to the position’s Essential Functions and Responsibilities as may be requested or required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as an attorney practicing law in the private or public interest sector, and a member in good standing of the Florida Bar.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a manager or supervisor with demonstrated ability to supervise, train and mentor.
- Experience designing and delivering successful training programs which account for various adult learning styles.
- Litigation experience is preferred as is experience in the following areas: training on management, supervision, diversity, and cultural competence; delivery of distance training; and strategic planning.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to develop and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrates commitment to legal services for low-income people.
- Possesses a high level of legal proficiency, and continuously develops and expands legal skills and substantive knowledge.
- Knowledgeable about civil legal issues which impact low-income clients, and the ability to identify a variety of legal strategies to resolve problems of the low-income community.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary is $115,000 commensurate with experience. Excellent fringe benefits, including 401(k) retirement plan, as well as life, health, and disability insurance. Also, eligible to participate in Loan Repayment Assistance Program.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter. Please specify this position on the cover letter and resume.
- Full-time Exempt Position
- Hours: Flexible from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Some evening hours may be required.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that each can bring in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and beliefs. Legal Services of Greater Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer.