Established in 1984, Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe is one of the largest law firms in Central Florida, is AV-rated through Martindale-Hubbell, has earned a respected reputation within the business and legal community as a firm that achieves results, and has been repeatedly named one of the top 100 best places to work by the Orlando Sentinel. ZKS offers competitive salaries, superb benefits, and a congenial, community-oriented culture.
Zimmerman Kiser Sutcliffe has an immediate opening for a Workers’ Compensation Associate Attorney. This ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience practicing Workers’ Compensation law in Florida.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Assigns work to department legal assistants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
Responsibilities, Skills and Abilities:
• Provide exceptional, determined legal representation to clients through memorable interpersonal connections.
• Desire to utilize a strong set of ethics.
• Aggressively fight for the rights of the clients.
• Handle all functions of the case from initial client meeting through to case completion required.
• Motion practice, trial experience, and litigation procedures.
• Experience with workers' compensation law.
• Client focus, collaboration/teambuilding skills, communication proficiency, leadership, and problem solving/analysis.
• Ability to work at a fast pace with frequent deadlines.
• Local area and occasional overnight travel possible.
• Portable business is a strong plus, but not required.
Education and Experience:
• Licensed in the State of Florida (Required).
• 5+ years' experience in Workers' Compensation Defense in Florida (Required).
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
• Onboarding and training are likely to occur on-site, although the team is working from home on a scheduled basis. Successful candidates will feel confident about their ability to effectively and collaboratively work from home.
• We are committed to following COVID safety policies and CDC protocols in the office and have had no in-office spread.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.